Sunday, January 28, 2007

Blockbuster -- the Jobsearchaphobia Buster

FINALLY!

I've been searching for a job since the first week of December. I've searched everywhere within a 10 mile radius of my house. Okay -- maybe only a 5 mile radius. But still! I've looked anywhere that people work. Which is pretty much everywhere. So... I had just about given up. I was wondering what one does with an entire semester of no school and no work. And then...

BLOCKBUSTER CALLED! Jorge (one of the assistant assistant managers [also a district manager at Pepsi Cola!]) called and set up an interview for Thursday, January 18th. That one was with Jorge. I seemed to pass with flying colors. I then had a second interview on Monday, January 22nd with the manager Chris. He interviewed me rather briefly and told me he'd call Wednesday or Thursday. When I hadn't heard anything come Friday, I called and he said he was still deciding between me and another girl.

Then he called me back and told me I had the job!

I'm so very, very excited. I'm hoping this ends up being as good of an opportunity as I think it will be. I won't be working many shifts right away, but I'll be getting more hours as I move along. There are a few workers who constantly call in and I'm the only one on their staff who's willing to come in (on occasion) when they said they would rather not work. Of course, pretty much my entire life is free, right now. But I do want to make it to church. And that's usually at night. But if it comes down to it, I can always go on Sunday morning. Because they said they wouldn't ask me to work on Sundays since it's because of "religious beliefs." Ha! :)

Anyway... I'm sorry it's been so looooong since I posted. But quite frankly, I haven't had much to write about! Hopefully times are a changin'. Tee hee.

Thank you for taking the time to read this ridiculous entry. I love you guys!



Becca

No comments: