The nonsense ramblings of a no-nonsense woman known as Rebecca Hoffman. ♥
Saturday, September 23, 2006
Transportation (a.k.a. the lack thereof)
If I had a car {even if I didn't have a license} I could:
- Make much needed trips to Wal-Mart more than once every two-three weeks.
- Go to Chatty {Chattanooga} when we're sick of Dayton.
- Drive to Peking House to get dinner when we feel like throwing up from cafeteria food.
- Go to the bank when I need to make deposits without walking there.
- Go to the store less than 3 miles away without walking.
- Go to "away" games to support my girls.
- Go HOME whenever I need to be around family.
- Go see friends {and family} in surrounding places.
- Go get Starbucks or a pair of shoes {and my nose pierced or a tattoo}.
- Take my friends out for a drive.
- Visit Pocket.
- Go to my home church to help out with the new construction.
Oh dear, the list is neverending. Seriously? Daaang. There's ever so much to do here {not in Dayton, but in the surrounding areas (such as Chattanooga, Athens, Soddy Daisy, etc, etc.) } if only you have a vehicle!!! I'm getting my license in December {hopefully} and I am definitely getting a MacBook for Christmas. I'll have some money, my parents can pitch in a little bit, and Skillman should be able to get me some form of a discount {hopefully}.
Speaking of MacBooks: at least 25% of the students here have one. And those who don't always say, "Maaan! I wish I had a Mac! They're the best!" Mac has really catered to students' needs/desires. For instance, they're much better to play media files on. There isn't a student here with a laptop that doesn't have the new iTunes 7.0 installed. When you walk past the dorm rooms and hear music playing, you look in the room to see where it is coming from and your eyes always find either an iPod hooked up to the stereo or the computer with iTunes open. It's crazy! Besides all of that, all of the I.T. personnel have MacBooks and wouldn't trade them for anything {I know this because they told me, personally}. I absolutely LOVE it! When asking for certain equipment for the missions trips this Spring Break, they asked for anyone who had a Mac to put that on their application because they prefer to bring Macs with them instead of Dells, etc. The most awesome thing about Macs now is that they run Mac programs... Windows... and most run VISTA, too!
Gah -- I can't wait until Christmas. :)
-- Rebecca "Becca" Marie L'Allier
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, then, I'm definitely glad you don't have a car, 'cuz you'd absolutely never find the time to actually be a student! Alas, you are not alone, my dear....I daresay anyone who has lived in a dorm has experienced the same feelings of confinement, the disgust with the food, the longing to go home. Which is, as I said, probably a good reason NOT to have a car: You don't need to fight the temptations and have self-control if you simply don't have the ability to succumb, right? And, last but not least, that nose-ring/tattoo thing....thank God for lack of transportation! tee, hee. Love ya, girlie:>
Post a Comment